Monday, August 16, 2010

The Rookie Better Be Raw

I had the first of my 3 fantasy drafts yesterday and I went out on a limb with my first pick. Coming out of the number 6 hole all of the premiere running backs were already taken. I could've selected a big time quarterback, but it was a little too early in the draft. I took a gamble and selected Ryan Mathews from San Diego. He put up impressive numbers in college (nations leading rusher last year) and will get plenty of carries replacing the great LT. In addition Vincent Jackson is still holding out and Darren Sproles is not an every down back. These facts are easy enough to rationalize, but I still question whether Ryan is ready for the big time or not. If he is he will anchor my team and give me carte blanche to talk trash all season. If not, Ryan will embarrass me and make me the laughing stock of the league. I'm putting the pressure on! The entire fate of my fantasy football season (league 1) rests squarely on his shoulders. I don't want to hear any excuses and I don't want to be disappointed. I'm predicting 1500 yards and 17 touchdowns for the young man. He better not let me down. Run Ryan Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment