Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Observations



The fantasy football playoffs races are starting to take shape.  In my trash talking league I'm going in as the #1 seed.  I'll take next week off and wait to see who my next victim will be.  In my trash talking league things are tight.  I'm up by 25, but my opponent has Alfred Morris and Hakeem Nicks going tonight.  A loss would be the end of me.  In my family league I could have made the playoffs, but somebody fell asleep at the wheel leaving Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy on their starting roster.  Here's a lesson in etiquette for all you fantasy football players out there.  Even if you're no longer in playoff contention your participation still affects the outcome of the league.  PLAY HARD EVERY WEEK!!!!

As for my B3TZ game?  I lost this week by one point.  Clearly I've underestimated the skills of my opponents.  Losing at my own game is like someone borrowing your clothes and getting more compliments than you get when you wear them.  It's insulting.  Congrats to Danielle Tran, Winston Tran, and Dazey Dailey for coming in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.  Rest assured this week will be different however.  I'm not playing around with you guys anymore.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Ticket sales for the Russell Wilson bandwagon skyrocketed after the Seahawks come from behind victory over the Chicago Bears.  On the flip side the founder of the start Matt Flynn Facebook page has disconnected his phone and skipped town.  I guess the last two drives of the game really put things in perspective for people.  In Russ we trust.

The Kentucky Wildcats are out of the top 25 for the first time in the John Calipari era.  Why are these freshmen playing like freshmen?  Somebody better tell these kids if they don't turn things around in a hurry they might have to stay in school an extra year.

The BCS selection committee gave an Orange Bowl nomination to Northern Illinois.  I can't decide if this is commendable or comical.

If the playoffs started today the Denver Broncos would host the Indianapolis Colts.  Can you imagine the media circus surrounding that game.  I got Luck in an upset.  What about you guys?


No comments:

Post a Comment