Monday, December 24, 2012
Top 5 Christmas Songs
5. Christmas in Hollis. You know I had to have the Run DMC on this list. Just wouldn't be Christmas season if I didn't hear this at least 6 times.
4. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Doesn't really matter which version I hear. I just like that the kid finally got his shot and he made the most of it. Way to go Rudolph!
3. Santa Claus is coming to town. For my money it's gotta be the Michael Jackson version. He sounds so excited about the thought of the bearded one coming to his house to drop off gifts.
2. This Christmas. I've heard several different renditions over the years, but none of them comes close to the Donny Hathaway original. It's not officially Christmas season until I hear this song.
1. Santa Baby. Did Eartha Kitt really try to seduce Santa Claus? She did and quite effectively I must say. She had the nerve to ask for a mink coat, a convertible, and a diamond ring. I wonder what cat woman did to deserve all that!