Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Observations

I've come to the end of the road in on of my fantasy football leagues.  Cleavie Wonder was put out to pasture in my hurt your feelings league and it's a bitter pill to swallow.  All the countless hours of watching film, late night strategizing, and beer drinking sessions just didn't pan out for me this year.  Oh well, it wasn't for lack of effort.  At least I'm in the semis in my trash talking league and battling in my family league (albeit in the losers bracket).  I'm up by 7 points, but my opponent has Tom Brady going.  If he throws all his touchdowns to Wes Welker I'll be ok.

As for my B3TZ game?  I tied for the highest score, but lost last week's battle on percentage points to a new comer. Somehow Alex Desmarais clipped me at the wire.  Congrats for now.  Also congrats to Danielle Tran for coming in 3rd.  Danielle seems to be a regular at the top of the leaderboard.  My average is getting way out of hand and it's time to put a stop to all this losing crap.  If I don't win this week I'll die my hair blonde and sing karaoke on YouTube.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

The UFC fight card on Fox was pretty damn exciting.  There were major beatdowns handed out by Benson Henderson, Rory McDonald, and Alexander Gustafsson.  Personally I could have done without the Rory McDonald beatdown.  Seeing the Prodigy BJ Penn getting pummeled like a blind man fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. was painful to watch.

Speaking of Floyd Mayweather Jr., it looks like he cried wolf one too many times.  The mega fight with Manny Pacquiao is in serious jeopardy after Pacquiao's surprise loss to Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday.  Instead of impressive victories over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Arturo Gatti, and Diego Corrales Mayweather will now be remembered for not fighting Pacquiao in his prime.  It's a lose-lose for everyone.




When Johnny Manziel took home the Heisman it only confirmed what I've been saying about college football all season.  The talent just wasn't there like we've seen in years past.  Anytime a freshman can win the trophy it means upperclassmen underachieved.  The 2013 NFL draft is nothing to look forward to.

Before Sunday Andy Reid, Norv Turner, and Romeo Crennel were the coaches expected to lose their jobs at the end of the season.  After a 58-0 loss to the Seahawks you can add Ken Wisenhunt to that list.  The game was an ass kicking of historic proportions and got so bad Vince Young thoughthis services might be needed.  It's never that bad is it?

Serge Ibaka squared up against Metta World Peace and Metta didn't go all Ron Artest on him.  Is this a sign of maturity and learning from past experiences or his new prescription meds are doing the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment