Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekend Observations



South Alaska was not the place to be this weekend.  The Husky football team lost a heart breaker.  The Husky basketball team got their asses kicked.  The Seahawks lost to the lowly Miami Dolphins and will probably lose their starting cornerbacks for the rest of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.  In one weekend dreams of a major bowl game, the NCAA tournament, and the playoffs all came crashing down.  The only thing to look forward to now is the Mariners spring training.  Could the Seattle sports scene be any more depressing?

To make matters worse, I LOST AT MY OWN GAME AGAIN!!!  Hats off to Winston Tran, Danielle Tran, and Criona Kelley for coming in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but this is ridiculous!  I CAN'T EVEN RIG MY OWN GAME IN MY FAVOR ANYMORE!!!  Much like Austin Powers back in the day I can't seem to find my mojo.  I am in 1st place in my trash talking fantasy football league, but I'm about to be "gone fishing" in my hurt your feelings league and my family league.  Jonathan Stewart, Julio Jones, and Aaron Hernandez are now officially on the pay me no mind list.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Notre Dame beat USC to remain undefeated and if Alabama can win the SEC Championship the two schools will meet in the BCS title game.  That's all my conscience will allow me to say on the subject.

Rest in peace Hector "Macho" Camacho.  As you might expect the cocky, arrogant, self confident, flashy, flamboyant boxer was one of my favorites growing up.  My deepest condolences to his family and I hope the people responsible for his death are brought to justice.

The San Diego Chargers let the Baltimore Ravens convert on 4th and 27 which ultimately resulted in a loss.  Don't head coaches and general managers typically get fired for this kind of thing?  Norv Turner and AJ Smith might want to consult a good realtor right about now.

The Charlotte Bobcats are 7-5 to start the season.  This comes as a surprise considering they were 7-59 last year and lost their last 23 games in a row.  I guess Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is better than we thought.   

No comments:

Post a Comment