Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Observations

My fantasy football fortunes took a turn for the worse this weekend.  In my hurt your feelings league I lost by 21, but get this.  I started Eric Decker instead of Torrey Smith and I forgot to start the Dallas defense against Philly.  I'm one game out of the playoffs right now because of mental errors.  In my family league Megatron and Tony Gonzalez played way over their heads sending me to my 3rd consecutive loss.  My dad is hella pissed and may elect to make a GM change at the end of the season.  Fortunately I'm still the king of my trash talking league.  I'm up by 35 and my opponent has Jonathan Dwyer going tonight.  I feel pretty safe with that one. 



The new segment of my weekend observations is the Cleavie Wonder Platinum Picks review.  Thanks to all the participants who made the inaugural first week a wonderful success.  There was more action and competition than I anticipated.  Someone actually tied me for 1st place this week.  This is a shock considering I'm a sports genius and I choose the wagers for crying out loud!  Congrats to Dazey Daily for giving me a run for my money.  Looks like Ryan Roberson and Dmitri Marykanov will also be formidable foes during B3TZ wagers.  Should be fun to watch and compete in the future as the game gains popularity.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

The 206 double dip was in full effect this weekend.  The Huskies handled Utah with relative ease and the Seahawks made Mark Sanchez look like a CFL quarterback.  Beating a New York team is always a big deal because everyone is watching.  Maybe now the team from South Alaska will get some national respect.

The Legend of Johnny football has taken on a life of its own after the Aggies went down to Tuscaloosa and beat the undefeated Crimson Tide.  NOBODY beats Alabama at home much less a team with a freshmen at quarterback.  Guess Nick Saban isn't perfect after all.

The Los Angeles Lakers front office picked Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson to coach the team going forward.  I think it's a mistake, but I understand why they did it.  More on this tomorrow.

SHANKAPOTIMUS reared its ugly head twice in the San Francisco/St. Louis game.  Both kickers missed a field goal in overtime and the game ended in a 24-24 tie.  This game will come back to haunt both teams.  Kickers will ruin your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment