Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Observations

This fantasy football thing can drive a person to drink. I don't know what to do in my trash talking league. After benching Michael Vick on Sunday for his inconsistent play he decided to come out and perform like, well Michael Vick. His incredible day sent my team to its 3rd consecutive loss. I'm tired of pulling my hair out over this guy. Trade anyone?

In my JV league Megatron is the only one on my team that's worth a damn. He's easily the 3rd best wide receiver in football behind Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. On a side note has anyone seen Phillip Rivers lately because I'm looking for him. One touchdown in 2 games just isn't doing it for me. We need to have a little chat.

At least I'm still a force in my hurt your feelings league. Aaron Rodgers, World Wide Wes Welker, and the Ravens defense outscored my opponent by themselves. The trophy company already has instructions to start engraving my name on the championship plaque. If I don't make someone cry before season's end I haven't done my job. Here are some weekend observations.

The winner of the SEC (LSU or Alabama) could probably hold their own in the NFC West. The SEC is that good ant the NFC West is that bad. Don't be surprised if the BCS title game looks a lot like the SEC championship game.

Just because you talk about your problems doesn't mean they will get resolved. The NBAPA and the NBA owners could talk for 7,000 hours straight and still not come up with an agreement. I don't expect to see NBA basketball until January.

The Pac 12 has more quarterback prospects than any other conference in college football. Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Nick Foles, and Keith Price will all be signal callers in the NFL someday. What other conference can say that?

Reggie Bush should start taking acting lessons and investing in real estate because his NFL football career is in jeopardy. If an 0-4 team won't involve you in their offense who will? Let this be a lesson to everyone, the skills you possess in college don't always translate at the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment