Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Observations

The Detroit Lions better be who I think they are. In two of my fantasy leagues I'm heavily dependent on them to help me pull out a victory. Matt Stafford, Megatron, Jason Hanson, and the Lions defense need to play like Super Bowl champs tonight. They're capable, but as we all know anything can happen on Monday night football. At least I'm up by 73 points in my hurt your feelings league. I don't anticipate Matt Forte scoring 7 touchdowns so I'm going to chalk that one up as a win. Here are some weekend observations.

The Seattle Seahawks won't get lucky this year. With a gutsy win in New York the Seahawks have all but eliminated themselves from the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Looks like Robert Griffin III will be the future signal caller.

The Tim Tebow era has begun in Denver. Kyle Orton hasn't played well enough to secure his job and the Denver fans will be even more adamant for Tebow to start after his performance on Sunday. It's a mistake, but one the Broncos will have to live with.

The Philadelphia Eagles may not make the playoffs. One of the biggest story lines of the off season might not have a happy ending. After a 1-4 start to the season the Eagles would realistically have to win 9 of their remaining 11 games to make the post season. Difficult, but not impossible.

Maya Moore is a basketball goddess. In her rookie season Maya led a bunch of scrubs to the WNBA title and established herself as one of the best (if not the best) female basketball players on the planet. I think this will help the recruiting process at Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment