Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Observations

My skills as a GM apparently leave something to be desired. In my trash talking league I traded Michael Vick for Jason Witten and Vincent Jackson. The results were so bad (I'm currently 0-6) that my opponents 10 year old son started talking smack to me and I can't even respond to him. In my hurt your feelings league I traded Tony Romo for Peyton Hillis ( 14 yards and a hamstring injury), Julio Jones (hamstring injury), and Jason Campbell (broken collarbone and out for the season). Can you say sucker? Fortunately my team is bulletproof in that league and I still won by 11 points. The championship is mine to lose. Here are some weekend observations.

Nelson Cruz (A relative nobody) is playing out of his mind and carrying the Texas Rangers on his back like a camel in the desert. He may very well lead them to a World Series title. Who says you need a $20,000,000 superstar to win it all?

Pete Carroll is always paying attention. In a crafty move the Seahawks acquired former USC standout Allen Bradford to help the running game. Strategic brilliance on his part.

The San Francisco 49ers are the first team to clinch a playoff berth. Not really, but realistically there's no other team in the NFC West that will challenge them from here on out.

The UW/Stanford game will feature not one, but two top level quarterbacks. Keith Price has been every bit as good as Andrew Luck this season and if the Cardinal look past the Huskies they might see their undefeated season come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment