Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Observations

It was a tough sports weekend in the 206 to say the least. The Huskies and the Seahawks lost. That's all I have to say about those two games because if I go into further detail I may vomit all over myself like Brian on Family Guy. My fantasy football fate is still up in the air depending on the outcome of tonight's game between Jacksonville and Baltimore. It doesn't look good in any of my leagues, but I'll fill you in on the gruesome details tomorrow. Enough about me, here's a few observations over the weekend.

I was right about the Kansas City Chiefs. I succumbed to peer pressure and the badgering of my friends when I jumped off the Chiefs bandwagon earlier this year. Kansas City is just one game out of first place after demolishing Oakland and Phillip Rivers is playing like a little girl for the Chargers so far this season. The division title is well within reach.

Close losses hurt more than blowouts. Wisconsin watched their national championship title hopes go down the drain on a last second flukish play. Judging from the expressions on the faces of Wisconsin fans it will take a while to get over the loss. Some of them may need therapy.

The Detroit Lions may not be who we thought they were. With two straight losses to marginal playoff teams panic is beginning to start in Mowtown. I have Megatron, Suh, Hanson, and Stafford in my leagues so I don't have time for all this. Detroit WILL turn this around and battle the Packers for home field advantage. That last part was a joke, but I do need them to play better.

Phat Albert should wear pinstripes. Albert Pujols blasted 3 homers in Saturday's rout over the Rangers. The only other players to accomplish that feat in World Series play are Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson. Are you sensing a common theme? Teixeira for Pujols? Maybe it's not as crazy as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment