Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Observations

Well boys and girls I got my ass handed to me in fantasy football this week. The Breesy outperformed Aaron Rodgers once again and Michael Vick showed why he is a feast or famine type of player. My hurt your feelings league and my trash talking league will both take this opportunity to put me in my place. I don't like it, but if you're going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk. Clearly I was on crutches week 2. At least I'm still winning in my JV league so I'll take some solace in that. Here are some weekend observations.

Big 10 officials have no clue about the rules of the kicking game. On 3 separate occasions they made erroneous calls in the Washington/Nebraska game. It almost seemed like they had a vested interest in the outcome. Someone should check into that.

The Andrew Luck sweepstakes is in full effect in the Seattle area. With an offense that poor I can't see how the Seahawks will win more than 4 games this season. To make matters worse Matt Hasselbeck threw for 358 yards for Tennessee and makes Kenny Britt look like an all pro receiver. The Pete Carroll bandwagon is starting to feel a little light.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is not as bad as people make him out to be (more on this tomorrow).

The Detroit Lions are for real, The Buffalo Bills have an explosive offense, The Baltimore Ravens still have some work to do, Reggie Bush is done, and the rookie QB's (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Blaine Gabbert) are much better than expected.

Much to my chagrin super conferences are the wave of the future. The ACC and the Pac 12 are on the verge of making moves that will completely shift the balance of power in their favor in football and basketball. Sometimes greed is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment