Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Free Agency Circus Sucks

When the whole concept of the 2010 free agency class first came about I was excited. The re-alignment of superstars and the shift of power in the NBA intrigued me. Now I'm just disgusted and irritated. The whole process has turned into a 3 ring circus. You have so called experts giving opinions on things they know absolutely nothing about. I've watched countless hours of Lebron highlights and speculation only to have this thing drawn out beyond belief. We now have to wait for an ESPN press conference tonight to find out where Lebron James will end up. This leads me to the conclusion that he's already made a decision, but wants the announcement to be as dramatic as possible. How corny. Have you ever heard of a player making free agency completely about themselves before? The team of me has gotten a little carried away with his self absorption. The other free agents weren't much better. D Wade, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson, and Amare Stoudemire all played with peoples emotions and held NBA franchises hostage while everyone kissed their asses and told them how good they were. The spectacle went from the sublime to the ridiculous. At least we'll have closure after this evening. I'll break down the winners and losers of free agency tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment