Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Extended Weekend Observations

For years basketball aficionado's have been begging for LeBron James to develop a low post game.  The 4 time MVP embraced the challenge and went to work with Hall of Famer Hakeem Olajuwon.  The results weren't visibly evident until game 3 of the 2013 Eastern conference finals against the Pacers and Paul George.  LeBron simply abused George with with post moves reminiscent of Kevin McHale.  Careful what you wish for, now the world's best player has no weaknesses. 

The San Antonio Spurs showed there's no substitute for a sound plan that seasoned veterans can execute.  The Memphis Grizzlies barely put up a fight as Tim Duncan and Tony Parker brought out the brooms on Monday taking the Western conference finals in four straight games.  At least Quincy Pondexter came to play.  I'm still looking for Zach Randolph and Mike Conley as they were completely MIA for the close out game.  They embarrassed me in my B3TZ game, cost me money, and cost me credibility.  I hope they never get back to the conference finals (not really, but I am a little bitter they went out the way they did).  They don't deserve all the praise that was bestowed on them so early if they're not even going to show up and save face.  Here are some observations over the long extended weekend.

Brittney Griner came out dunking on fools (twice) in her WNBA debut.  It appears she will become the WNBA version of Shaq.  I don't think they are ready for dominance.

After losing 8 of their last 10 games the Seattle Mariners have sent second baseman Dustin Ackley and catcher Jesus Montero to the minors.  I can't tell if this is an improvement or an acknowledgement that management was wrong about these can't miss prospects.

The elements are becoming a factor at Roland Garros.  So far the favorites have been able to adjust, but I've got a feeling the extensive rain could have an adverse affect on who will ultimately win the French Open.  Stay tuned.

Can anyone tell me who won the Indy 500 on Sunday?  Although it's considered one of the world's greatest sporting events I don't know a single person that watches it.  Not saying the race doesn't warrant more attention, but it seems to be at a crossroads as far as popularity is concerned.

1 comment:

  1. What's up, yup this paragraph is genuinely nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

    my site :: Michael Kors Bags

    ReplyDelete