Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Observations

In my fantasy football world it was the best of times and the worst of times.  In my family league I had another 30 point blowout and the momentum is starting to shift in my direction.  Looks like Wes Welker is the man once again.  In my trash talking league I'm down by 2 and I have the Texans defense going up against Mark Sanchez.  Call me crazy, but I like my chances.  In my hurt your feelings league I simply can't stop the bleeding.  I've lost four straight and the pack is getting away from me.  To make matters worse the Breesy is not going to be with me next week.  When I really need a win the Breesy decides to take a brak.  Go figure.  We'll see if Flacco and Sam Bradford can make the most out of their opportunity.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

My crystal ball is a little blurry when it comes to the MLB wild card games.  Two road victories ended the career of Chipper Jones and sent the 2 time American League champs home early.  I have some work to do on this subject.

West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith has thrown for 2,000 yards with 24 touchdowns and no interceptions.  Not sure I've ever seen the Heisman Trophy wrapped up in early October, but these numbers are awfully impressive.

The Seahawks defense needs a nickname and its own theme music.  In 5 games their opponents have only scored 3 offensive touchdowns.  After yesterday's performance poor Cam Newton may need therapy.

SHANKAPOTIMUS reared its ugly head in Indianapolis.  Kicker Mason Crosby missed a game tying field goal with 3 seconds left to go and the Packers now sit in last place in their division.  Kickers will ruin your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment