Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend Observations

This past weekend was an example of my fantasy football genius.  Although I had several marquee players on the bench during their bye week I was able to make the necessary adjustments to claim victory.  Randall "corn on the" Cobb, Doug Martin, and Santana Moss came through big for me.  I won my family and trash talking leagues by 40 points.  In my hurt your feelings league I'm up by 12, but my opponent has Matt Forte going tonight.  Let's hope Jay Cutler is in a passing mood.  Here are my observations over the weekend. 


The Huskies got the snot piss beat out of them for a 3rd straight week.  The optimism is completely gone and if coach Sark doesn't do something soon he may find himself playing golf with his good friend Nick Holt on Saturdays next year.

Lance Armstrong was stripped of his 7 Tour de France titles without ever failing a drug test.  Not sure I've ever seen an athlete so beloved fall from grace so quickly.  Perhaps Kobe Bryant, but those were extenuating circumstances.

The NLCS features the last two World Series champions and so far no one has blinked.  The 3-3 tie will be decided tonight and whoever wins definitely earned it.  I would make a prediction, but my baseball radar has been broken this entire post season.

The Dwight Howard era began for the Lakers and he looks to be  in excellent shape.  Hard to believe that hoops season starts next week.  I'll do a full preview in a few days, but we all know how the finals is going to look.  Can't wait to see the Black Mamba vs. the MoHeatos.

No comments:

Post a Comment