Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Observations

This weekend my fantasy world was filled with domination, vindication, and heartbreak.  In my hurt your feelings league I was 3 points shy of doubling my opponents score.  You should get bonus points for that kind of beatdown.  In my trash talking league someone had the audacity to call me out and question my greatness.  Their plan backfired as I beat the snot piss out of them by 20 points.  I hope they learned their lesson, but these young kids today are hard headed.  I might have to put another whoopin on him just to make my intentions clear.  In my family league I lost by an agonizing 6 points.  Marshawn Lynch couldn't get it going in the 2nd half and the Breesy just wasn't acting right.  Maybe it was the altitude in Denver, but the Breesy knows better than to turn in performances like that.  There's too much at stake for me to be playing around.  We'll have a talk and get things corrected by next Sunday.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

The Huskies salvaged their season with an impressive victory over #7 ranked Oregon St.  The defense really stepped up and took care of business.  With games against Utah, Colorado, Cal, and WSU the Huskies should cruise to an 8 win season.

You don't have to beat Justin Verlander twice to win the World Series if you just sweep the Tigers out in 4 games.  The San Francisco Giants ended the 2012 post season with 7 straight wins to claim their 2nd World Series title in 3 years without Melky Cabrera or Brian Wilson.  That's gangsta.

OKC Thunder showed signs of small market syndrome with their inability to sign James Harden to a long term deal.  Instead they traded the 2012 gold medalist to Houston for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks, and a 2nd round pick.  More on this tomorrow.

Notre Dame went into Norman, OK, and beat the Sooners 30-13 to remain undefeated.  That's all I have to say on the matter.

The Seahawks let one slip away against Detroit that may come back to haunt them at the end of the season.  In a game where the offense showed signs of life it was the vaunted defense that looked a little suspect in the 28-24 loss.  It was a tough road loss that builds character, but hopefully won't jeopardize the Seahawks playoff chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment