Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Observations

In the world of fantasy football I've found your opponents really like to kick you when you're down.  Not saying that I haven't been guilty of the same thing, but I don't like it when it happens to me!  In my hurt your feelings league I'm down by 32 and unless Demariyus Thomas does his best Jordy Nelson impersonation that brings me back to .500.  If I end up winning I'll write a short novel about how great I am.  In my hurt your feelings league Joe Flacco was an adequate back up for the Breesy and I cruised to victory.  Still 3 games behind in my division though.  In my family league I started Brian Hartline instead of Jeremy Maclin.  That was a 27 point swing that cost me another loss.  I won't say it was a mistake however.  Sometimes the fantasy football gods have a cruel sense of humor.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

It was so quiet in Yankee Stadium after Derek Jeter broke his ankle you could hear ants having a conversation.  In addition the Bronx Bombers got hosed on a terrible call that cost them game 2.  Is all this misfortune payback for the 27 championships?

Notre Dame beat Stanford and now sit in the #5 position of the BCS standings.  That's all my conscience will allow me to say about the subject.




The Russell Wilson hater society lost a few members after Sunday's come from behind victory over the defending AFC champion New England Patriots.  After the Seahawks win in San Francisco on Thursday they'll lose a few more. 

Anderson Silva is as dominant as they come.  No one really wants to fight that guy.

SHANKAPOTIMUS reared its ugly head once again.  Dallas and Arizona both missed last second game winning field goals giving the Cowboys a losing record and the Cardinals a 3 way tie in their division.  Kickers will ruin your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment