Saturday, April 2, 2011

VCU And UConn In The Title Game

Much like the regular season the Final Four has no clear cut favorite. In fact the Final Four only has one All American and two legitimate pro prospects for the 2011 NBA draft. Although you can't equate the excitement of the games to how the players will perform on the next level, it is indicative of what college basketball has become. We don't watch the games to see future all stars, we watch the the games in anticipation of the unknown. Truth be told this tournament has been so wacky that no one can say with absolute certainty or conviction who will win. From Young Sam Rothstein's perspective however it's a whole different story.

The Vegas Gods have given me the crease I so desperately needed to get back on even ground. VCU is getting 3 points and so far they have covered the spread in every single game of the tourney. The feel good story, the little engine that could, the Mighty Ducks, or whatever you want to call them VCU seems to be a team of destiny. I'm gonna ride this pony off into the sunset with a satchel full of cash. My other money team is UConn +2 over Kentucky. UConn is the DJ Khaled of the tournament (all they do is win) and Kentucky is a little green. Jim Calhoun has a personal grudge against John Calipari that dates back to his days at UMass and he would relish the opportunity to show who's the better coach.

I must admit part of my decision making has to do with my dislike for the Kentucky program, but I'm getting points in a game where no one has a decided advantage. Butler has more experience yet Shaka Smart has the ability to make his team believe in themselves when no one else does. 3 points is safe. Good luck everyone. The next time I contact you it will be from a suite at the Aria. I'm already spending my winnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment