Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Young Sam Is In A Bind

It's official, Young Sam is on the run. I could see the writing on the wall when shankapotimus missed that 50 yard field goal WIDE left in the Super Bowl. I don't know if that guy was kicking with his eyes closed or what. The kid has no accuracy whatsoever. Big Ben let me down and Rashard Mendenhall is forever in my doghouse. Serves me right for gambling on a tailback from Illinois. What the hell was I thinking? Congrats to Aaron Rodgers for earning the belt, but now I have much bigger issues. The bosses have given me 14 days to come up with their money or they're going to bury me next to Jimmy Hoffa. I've heard that rhetoric before, but this time I think they're serious. Nothing left to do but make some major moves. Where do I turn?

It's time to turn to the college kids. I usually like to wait until mid March to wager on the adolescents, but time is of the essence. I have to accelerate my game plan. The Big East looks strong so I'll start there. It appears the competition is fierce and no one is dominant. In an environment like that take the points and bet on the home team. Texas is also getting a lot of attention these days and that's a good thing. They have a solid team and with their new found respect the spreads will go up in my favor. You have to seize the opportunity when it presents itself. Lastly, I'll head out West and bank on the Huskies. They're a good team at home and if they don't turn it around quickly their bubble is going to burst. They have the talent though and I always like to bet on talent. As you might have guessed the prodigies have turned on me and won't wager another penny until I get back to my winning ways so I'm on my own. Here's the picks to jump start my career.

Notre Dame -4 over Louisville
Syracuse -4 1/2 over Georgetown
Oklahoma +11 1/2 over Texas

All I need is a spark and I'm back in the game. Watch and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment