Monday, February 7, 2011

Aaron Rodgers Gets His Revenge

I just received a text from Aaron Rodgers and he said Cleavie The Greek Can kiss his ass. He also said he hopes Young Sam Rothstein ends up in a ditch somewhere for picking against his beloved Packers. I can't blame the guy, all he did was prove he belongs in the discussion of elite quarterbacks bringing the Lombardi trophy back home and established his legacy in Cheese head country forever. In 45 years only three quarterbacks have pulled off this feat and the last one to do it was 15 years ago. The real question is where does this Super Bowl victory put Aaron Rodgers from a historical perspective.

Aaron Rodgers is in a unique position because this is the last time the current system will be in place. The new collective bargaining agreement will undoubtedly have a rookie wage scale and quite possibly an 18 game season. No one knows how these changes will affect the game. As it stands Aaron Rodgers will be the last winner of a Super Bowl following a "conventional" season. In my estimation this probably adds to the significance of beating Big Ben and the mighty Steelers on a neutral site.

I've heard countless people make up excuses for why the Packers won. I've heard if it wasn't for the turnovers the Steelers would have been victorious. I've heard the Packers were the recipient of some questionable calls in their favor. In the end it doesn't matter because the Packers overcame adversity losing their defensive captain and still prevailed. If some of the Packers receivers held onto the ball the outcome may have been worse. I don't say it often, but I was wrong about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. He deserves the belt and I deserve the criticism. Don't get used to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment