1. Nobody misses KD. From what I've seen Seattle is completely indifferent about what Kevin Durant has accomplished this season. 30 points a game? 29 straight games with 25 points? The #6 seed in the west? Anybody care? Anybody mad they don't get to witness this?
2. Emerald green is too easily replaced with lime green. How can a team that's been in existence less than 3 years have more popularity than the only team to ever bring the city a championship? The MLS is not the NBA.
3. James Taylor, Billy Joel, and HHH. The city seems perfectly content to be entertained by singers in their 60's and roid raged wrestlers as opposed to Lebron, Kobe, D-Wade, and oh did I mention Kevin Durant?
4. 503=206. Seattleites have decided Portland is close enough to root for the Trailblazers and they are no longer Seattle's arch nemesis. Plus Uncle Paul owns them.
5. The wheels aren't in motion. Nobody's building a new arena, nobody's rennovating an old one, and nobody's looking for money to do either. Seattle doesn't miss basketball enough to come up with a plan on how to get it back.