Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Observations

I was hoping the Lakers victory over the San Antonio Spurs would make me feel better about the events of Friday night, but the victory did nothing for me.  I'm still hella pissed the Black Mamba will miss the remainder of the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon.  For those of you that read my blog on a regular basis you know I've been saying for weeks Kobe was playing too many minutes.  As recently as Friday (before the game) I told you guys Kobe is getting tired and questioned how long he could carry a bunch of scrubs trying to make the playoffs.

Unfortunately no one paid attention to my warnings and now we're faced with a worst case scenario.  Because of weak management and absentee ownership Kobe Bryant may have played his last game as a Laker.  Mike D'Antoni ran Kobe into the ground like a rented mule then left him on the side of the road to be picked apart by blood sucking vultures.  D'Antoni has been a bad fit for this team since the beginning and clearly doesn't know what the hell he's doing.  Ride it till the wheels fall off doesn't apply to every situation.  Because of his carelessness and inability to establish any kind of authority with his players the Lakers will be without the services of one of the top 10 greatest players of all time if they reach the playoffs.  Personally I don't know how the guy sleeps at night.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Tiger Woods almost made the leaders at Augusta defecate on themselves on the back 9 yesterday.  Imagine what could have been if some random snitch didn't call in to the PGA on Friday costing him two strokes.

What do you call that swinging contest rich people get into when they really want something?  The term escapes me right now, but whatever you call it The Hansen group and the Kevin Johnson group are smack dab in the middle of one.  How else would you explain a team with no all stars and less than 30 wins entertaining offers north of $550,000,000?  We'll see who blinks first.

The Seattle Mariners started their first homestand of the season losing 4 out of 7 games with the reigning American league champs coming to town.  I don't have time for this kind of aggravation.  Call me in June when the weather heats up, otherwise there's really no reason to go to Safeco Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment