Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Observations

The AFC and NFC championship games were all about defying the odds.  Baltimore couldn't possibly go to Gillette Stadium and beat the Patriots at home.  The Falcons couldn't blow a 17 point lead two weeks in a row.  The Harbaugh brothers couldn't really set the stage for a Harbaugh Bowl.  All of the above came true.  Now we'll have to hear about the Harbaugh family tree, the coaching legacy, the games of touch football in the back yard growing up, and how John and Jim won't approach the game any differently coaching against one another in the biggest game of their lives.  Can't wait! 

And if that wasn't nauseating enough we'll have to hear Ray Lewis go into his evangelical motivational speeches that last 5 hours.  If Ray wasn't a Hurricane I'd probably be tired of hearing him talk by now.  As for my B3TZ game?  I got my ass handed to me this week in a manner I'm not accustomed to.  Winston Tran, Dazey Daily and DJ Tang took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively, but I didn't even make the leadrerboard.  I'm feeling like Austin Powers right about now.  I've got to find a way to get my mojo back.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Chris Hansen and the Maloofs are in the process of finalizing their deal for majority ownership of the Sacramento Kings.  Now it's time to officially dissect the Kings roster.  More on that tomorrow.

Novak Djokovic is the best tennis player in the world.  I'm not saying that because of his physical attributes or his over powering serve.  I'm saying that because of his ability to hit big shots in pressure situations.  The moment never overwhelms him and he's mentally tougher than Federer, Nadal, and Murray.

College basketball's AP poll has a familiar look to it.  Duke, Michigan, Kansas, Syracuse, and Louisville make up the top 5 while Arizona, Indiana, Florida, Butler, and Gonzaga round out the top 10.  Are the one and done guys losing their touch?

Russell Wilson was added to the NFC Pro Bowl squad after Matt Ryan hurt his shoulder against the 49ers.  This only validates what fans in the 206 already know.  Russ will be a top 5 quarterback for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment