Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Observations

What an ending to my fantasy football seasons. In my trash talking league I was finally put out of my misery with a lopsided defeat. If Reggie Bush and CJ Spiller would have started the season the way they are ending it the results would have been different. In my JV league I reached the consolation finals thanks to Megatron and a ridiculous Oakland defense. In my hurt your feelings league I'm trailing my playoff opponent by one point. He's starting Frank Gore tonight while I start David Akers. You guys remember how much I like kickers right? Now I have to pray for 50 yard field goals all over the place! Stranger things have happened, but I'm mot sure I have the stomach to watch the game. I'll probably wait to hear the outcome on SportsCenter. Here are some observations over the weekend.

Romeo Crennel reads my blog. Just days after I ridiculed him and the Belichick coaching tree Romeo dials up a game plan to beat the undefeated reigning Super Bowl champs. Glad I could be of assistance.

Just as I predicted two weeks ago the Indianapolis Colts had enough heart to win a game this season. Let's see if they have enough brains not to win anymore. The Luck sweepstakes is no joke.

Baron Davis signing with the New York Knicks makes them the 2nd best team in the Eastern conference. A healthy, motivated Davis is one of the top 5 point guards in the league.

Tony Wroten Jr. is an exciting player and a future 1st round NBA pick, but he dominates the ball too much. If he doesn't get his teammates involved the Huskies won't make the tournament and the alumni will be furious (starting with yours truly).

The Seattle Seahawks are much improved, but not a playoff team. Nice wins against a 2-12 St Louis team and a decimated and confused Chicago Bears team are not overly impressive. If they finish 9-7 we'll talk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment