Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Weekend Observations

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. I have to admit even I was overwhelmed by all the games on television. With bowl games, college basketball, the NBA, and the NFL all on at the same time I was suffering from sensory overload. Fortunately for me there's DVR and my family is made up of sports fans. Here are some observations over the weekend.

The Mark Sanchez era may be coming to an end. The Jets got pummeled by the in city rival Giants and head coach Rex Ryan doesn't like to get embarrassed. If the Jets miss the playoffs look for a change at QB.

Although Drew Brees broke Dan Marino's 27 record for yards in a season I tried not to be bitter about it. It didn't work. The Breesy is a good quarterback, but I'm not sure he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Golden Arms. More on Brees tomorrow.

The changing of the guard is taking place in LA. The Lakers look slow and old while the Clippers look young and fresh. I don't think we'll see Jack Nicholson or Denzel Washington at the Clippers game anytime soon, but the Clippers are going to be a force to be reckoned with. They are a SportsCenter highlight waiting to happen on every play. The Lakers have played for the championship 16 times since 1980 so they have their work cut out for them.

Tim Tebow got his ringing endorsement from John Elway two weeks too early. With beatdowns from New England and Buffalo the Broncos are on life support going into their game against Kansas City. I think the Chiefs are going to pull the plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment