Monday, December 5, 2011

Cleavie In Cancun

Cleavie Wonder has been on hiatus for the last week in Cancun, but now I'm back. I promised the family I wouldn't blog while on vacation and I thought it would be an easy proposition. To my surprise I found it extremely difficult. I don't think I'll be taking 7 days off ever again. The blog is too therapeutic for me and I miss the interaction with my family, friends, and followers. That being said it was cool to hang out in 90 degree weather sipping Pina Coladas by the pool. My contact with the sports world over the last week has been spotty at best, but I still managed to come up with a few weekend observations.

Mexican Style:

Antonio Margarito is still relevant in his home country. Although Miguel Cotto put a beating on him there were legions of fans in Mexico that gathered to watch the outcome.

The NBA is definitely has a worldwide influence. I got more compliments wearing my Tim Hardaway jersey than I ever thought possible. I even had some people coming up to me doing their killer crossover impersonation. And no, they didn't think I was Tim.

ESPN Deportes is a pretty cool channel. It has all the same shows (Pardon the Interruption, Sportscenter, Around The Horn) as ESPN, just in Spanish. The only problem is all they really talk about is soccer.

US style:

The coaching changes in the Pac 12 will change the power structure in college football over the next 5 years. More on that tomorrow.

It took four games, a lot of luck, extreme circumstances, and some clutch performances, but he finally beat it out of me. I have to relent. Tebow. Tebow. Tebow.

The Seattle Seahawks have played themselves out of a top 10 pick. Although I'm happy to see them competing at a high level and improving with every game their new found success will do more damage than good in the long run.

The Indianaoplis Colts have enough scrap to win a game this year. I thought they were going to mail in the rest of the season, but the way they fought back against New England was encouraging. They can get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment