Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Corruption In Football

Last night's game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers exposed the corruption that goes on in football games. It is clear that the referees have a vested interest in the outcome and will do everything in their power to protect their interest. There were two calls last night that changed the course of history and how millions of dollars are going to be dispersed.

To refresh your memory, I trailed my opponent in my hurt your feelings league by one point going into the game yesterday. He had Frank Gore and I had David Akers, but after 3 quarters I was winning by one point. Frank Gore hadn't done squat and David Akers as a perfect 2/2 in field goal attempts. Just after he made his 3rd field goal (which put me in the lead by 4 points) the refs began to show their true colors.

They called a Pittsburgh Steeler lineman for unsportsmanlike conduct for jumping up in the air and landing on a players back. The instant replay showed no such infraction. With an automatic first down my 3 points were taken off the board.

On the ensuing play tight end Vernon Davis caught a pass that appeared to be a touchdown, but once again the crooked ass refs said he stepped out on the one yard line. Again instant replay showed he was able to stay in bounds. The very next play Frank Gore scores from the one yard line and my fantasy football season came to an abrupt ending. Those two bad calls led to a 9 point swing in the opposite direction.

I don't take too kindly to being cheated. I don't mind losing fair and square, but when someone bends the rules for their own benefit I have to fight back. I've already contacted the head of ESPN fantasy football to file a formal protest as well as the head of NAFFO (National association of fantasy football owners) to get their take on the situation. The FBI is following up with forensic accountants to see if there were any peculiar deposits, with drawls, phone calls, or text messages from these unscrupulous referees. Someone has to get to the bottom of this. If anyone knows of a lawyer that specializes in fantasy football infractions please don't hesitate to contact me.

If you think I'm the only one affected by this gross misuse of power think again. I've heard from thousands of fantasy owners that had their quest for the championship derailed by these bogus calls. Giving Frank Gore 6 points he didn't deserve is a travesty. Until this matter gets resolved the right way my fantasy football days are over. Zebras suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment