Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Young Sam Rothstein's Corner

I'll get right to the chase. You come to me for 75% accuracy and although 3 out of 5 isn't bad you can't buy a Bentley with that kind of winning percentage if you know what I'm saying. My intel was faulty on Friday. Kobe Bryant had lunch with Michael Jordan before the game and it got his head all screwed up. Furthermore Ron Artest had himself 2 slices of Giordano's stuffed pie pizza and had an upset stomach. Had I known these things (like I should have) I never would have wagered on the Lakers. As for the Jets? Lets just say I won't jeopardize my credibility betting on Mark Sanchez again. I make no excuses for my 2 losses, but I feel you deserve an explanation. Here's what I got for you winners today.

The NBA:

Golden St. -2 1/2 over Minnesota. Even though Golden St. doesn't play any defense and they don't have Steph Curry right now Minnesota doesn't have enough scorers to keep up.

Denver +2 over Orlando. Orlando is at the end of a very long road trip and just left Los Angeles. My sources tell me Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis had a "gooood" time while they were there.

Atlanta -4 over Detroit. There's a crisis in Mowtown and until they breathe new life into those old lungs always take a playoff team against these guys.

Houston -9 over Sacramento. As long as Paul Westphal is still coaching and Tyreke Evans is their best player the Kings will struggle against good teams. Don't worry about the points.

No comments:

Post a Comment