Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Observations

The Playoff picture in all 3 of my fantasy football leagues has become much clearer. In my trash talking league I'm out of the picture. There is a consolation round for the losers, but I don't know if my conscience will allow me to participate. It's all Ryan Mathews fault. In my second league I'm on the fence, but my win this weekend keeps me in playoff contention. I'll need some luck, but if I get in I'll be a handful. Sam Bradford, Peyton Hillis, Dwayne Bowe, and Jamaal Charles are a pretty good foundation. In my newly formed trash talking league I'm down by 5 points going into tonight's game, but I'm starting Brandon Tate and the New York Jets defense. If I win tonight I will wrap up a playoff spot. When I make it I'll have Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy to thank. They both get Christmas cards and a fruit basket. Here are some observations from the weekend:

Boise St. got shafted. Even though I've been a Cowboy hater all season they deserved better than the Vegas Bowl against Utah on the 22nd of December. The 2 missed kicks cost Boise St. about $2,000,000.

Champ Bailey is no slouch. With all the talk about Revis Island, Charles Woodson, and Nnamdi Asomugha the public forgot about Champ Bailey. Even on a bad team in a loss he proved he belongs on the list of shutdown corners by holding the hottest receiver in football to no catches. Dwayne Bowe was humbled.

Cam Newton and Jake Locker both cost themselves about $40,000,000 with their college decisions. Had Cam Newton stayed at Florida he would undoubtedly be the first pick in the NFL draft this year. Had Jake Locker left for the pros after last season he too would have been the first player selected in the 2010 draft.

Tiger's roar is no longer deafening. In years past a 4 shot lead going into the final round of a tournament was a death sentence for the rest of the field. The post crash Tiger doesn't have the same intimidation factor or confidence the old Tiger had. We will never see a Tiger Woods that dominant again and the golf world will suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment