Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Observations

I made a rookie mistake in one of my fantasy leagues this weekend. I didn't follow the injury report all the way to Friday. LeSean McCoy ended up playing on Sunday and did quite well. I'm 27 points down going into tonight's Monday night game, but I have Adrian Peterson and New York's defense going. Let's hope Revis Island has returned for real. In my trash talking league I'm on a 3 game winning streak and yes I've been talking quite a bit of trash. Malcolm Floyd and Tony Romo both put up monster numbers for me. They both lost their game, but that's not my concern. It's all about the fantasy! In my last league the team I played started Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Miles Austin, Chris Cooley, and Robbie Gould. I got the snot piss kicked out of me. Snot piss is the new phrase for when a team gets beat down beyond belief. Tell all your friends. Here are some observations from the weekend:

The NFL:

Carson Palmer will be the reason the Cincinnati Bengals won't make the playoffs. Losing to Tampa Bay at home is inexcusable and Carson hasn't looked like himself all season. With a receiving corp that talented someone has to take the blame for their lack of production.

Dallas will host the Super Bowl, but the Cowboys won't be playing. Their offensive line is way too shaky and the Cowboys play as if they expect teams to roll over for them because they are a high profile team. If they don't stop reading their own press clippings pretty soon they might not make the playoffs.

Mike Singletary will not be the coach of the 49ers next season. I have to give the 49ers credit though. They find more entertaining and unique ways to lose a game than any team I've seen in quite a long while. All they need is a botched hold on an extra point to complete the cycle.

Special teams is the new secret weapon. At least 3 games this season have been decided by dramatic punt returns, kick off returns, or blocked kicks. One coach has already lost his job in Miami over special teams blunders and it looks as if the San Diego coach isn't far behind him.

College Football:

To say the SEC is the power conference right now would be an incredible understatement. 5 teams in the top 12 is kind of ridiculous. The Pac 10 will win the national championship however. Does that trump the 5 team thing?

Andrew Luck is the front runner to be the #1 draft pick next year. His game against USC proved he's the best quarter back in the country right now. I hope Jake Locker can hold on to 1st round draft pick status. It's 50-50 right now.

Boise St. is still a fly in the ointment. Alabama's loss to South Carolina gave Boise St. some life and if Oregon slips up (which is quites possible) and Ohio St. runs the table we could see a horrible match up in the national championship game. For the record Ohio St. would beat the snot piss out of Boise St.

MLB:

Major league baseball needs the steroids back. Either that or the pitchers are taking something we don't know about. Not to take anything away from Lincecum, Halladay, and Hamels but if they keep it up ratings will suffer greatly. Chicks dig the long ball and only baseball purists trully enjoy perfect games and shut outs. Did I mention Cliff Lee and David Price are dueling on Tuesday? We'll prbably see more of the same. I think Cliff will pull it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment