Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Observations

For the first time all season I won my match up in all 3 of my fantasy football leagues. Carson Palmer anchored my trash talking league and Robbie Gould came through with a late field goal to lead my team to victory. In my 2nd league I was fortunate Jay Cutler got knocked out of the game and Brandon Jacobs scored a touchdown that rightfully belonged to Ahmad Bradshaw. I barely escaped with the W. My 3rd league was just an overall steady performance by my entire team with an extra shout out to Reggie Wayne. Nice game Reg. Here are some observations from the weekend.

The NFL:

Matt Bryant and Josh Scobee must have heard me talking smack about kickers last week because they came through for Atlanta and Jacksonville respectively. The fraternity of kickers can hold their head high for a day. I still don't trust kickers though.

The Detroit Lions are much improved even if their record doesn't indicate it. 3 of the 4 Detroit losses this season have been decided by 5 points or less and without their starting quarterback. This may be the best 0-4 team Detroit has ever had.

Sam Bradford is the truth. I was hard on Sam during his contract negotiations this summer and labeled him as overrated. After watching him dismantle the Seahawks on Sunday I will humbly eat my words. If Bradford stays healthy he will resurrect the Rams franchise.

Oakland will be Oakland. Until we see a changing of the guard at the top of the Raiders organization they will never see success on the field. All the talent in the world will not help this dysfunctional franchise. Forget I ever told you the Raiders will win the AFC West.

College Football:

The Boise St. bubble has just burst. With Oregon leap frogging the Cowboys in the rankings and looking virtually unstoppable there is no chance Boise will play for a national championship. Reality has set in.

Florida and Texas are human. Both programs re-tooled very nicely this season, but both teams are missing senior quarterback leadership more than they anticipated. You know you have an elite program when one or two losses in a season is considered a disappointment.

Andrew Luck is better than Jake Locker. Although Jake had a fantastic game against USC and bounced back from his miserable performance against Nebraska Andrew Luck is a better quarterback. Even in a loss he showed he can make all the throws with accuracy and touch. He'll go ahead of Jake Locker in next years NFL draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment