Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend Observations

It was the first weekend without football in almost 7 months and I have to admit it felt kind of weird.  No Bradshaw, no Marino, and no getting around trips to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Fortunately for me the transition into a full time hoops state of mind isn't that difficult.  LeBron, KD, Carmelo, Kobe, Duke, Michigan, and Syracuse all have interesting storylines.  There will be no lack of drama in the next few months and lots of predictions from yours truly.  As you might expect I already know who's going to win the NCAA tourney and the NBA championship.

As for my B3TZ game?  Tim Duncan and the Spurs did me wrong paving the way for the Tran's to slide into 1st and 2nd place.  Congrats to Winston and Danielle as well as Joan Pinto for coming in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.  My therapist says I shouldn't worry about losing so much at my own game, but I'm pissed I haven't notched a "W" in quite some time.  This is not the way things were supposed to go.  My ego is fragile and without victories and championships to gloat about life is kind of boring.  Due to technical changes to the system Cleavie's Platinum Picks is suspended and will resume after Feb. 24th.  It seems like an eternity, but what can I do.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

King Felix had a routine check up that may cost him $130,000,000.  The Mariners were all set to make him the highest paid pitcher until they realized there may be some structural damage in his pitching arm.  After watching the way Alex Rodriguez has become a liability late in his contract Seattle may decide to shorten the length of the deal significantly.  Let's hope there's nothing seriously wrong with the King.

The Kardashian karma might be rubbing Kris Humphries the wrong way.  In a shocking turn of events it looks like Kris might get traded from Brooklyn to Charlotte.  That doesn't sound like fun to me.  Kanye got his way after all.  Apparently Rocafella loyalty runs deeper than we thought.

Dwight Howard Sr. got involved in the Laker circus with his comments criticizing Mike D'Antoni and Kobe Bryant.  Last time I checked most 6'11 giants making over $20,000,000 a season didn't need their daddy to stick up for them.  If Dwight Howard doesn't resolve this nonsense soon he's going to lose street cred and baller status.  Maybe that's happened already and I just haven't acknowledged it yet.

Michael Vick signed a one year deal with Philadelphia and will get a chance to run Chip Kelly's offense.  If this happend 5 years ago I'd be excited for him, but this late in his career I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank.  If he can stay on the field he might flourish in the new system, but what are the chances of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment