Monday, November 29, 2010

Weekend Observations

There was some redemption this weekend on the fantasy football front. In my newly formed trash talking league I'm whooping up on the commish by 26 points. Unless Jay Feely kicks 7 field goals tonight I'm putting that one in the bank. Since it's the league commissioner I'm going to talk more smack than the law allows about my glorious victory. Harassing text messages at 4 in the morning isn't out of the question. In my second league I beat my opponent (if you can call him that) by ONE HUNDRED POINTS! Dwayne Bowe, Peyton Hillis, Jamaal Charles, and Sam Bradford put up video numbers for me. Such a lopsided affair warrants no further comments on the subject. In my trash talking league I'm getting trounced by 44 points, but I have the utmost confidence Troy Smith can make up the difference tonight (in my dreams). If I needed a reason for my team's poor performance all I have to do is look at the wide receiver match up. I lost that battle 40-2. Nate Washington and Brandon Tate couldn't start for TCU right about now. I'm not gonna rule myself out of the playoffs, but I'm on life support and the light is getting brighter. Here are some observations from the weekend.

College Football:

Steve Sarkisian has kahunas the size of watermelons! No other coach in college football would have gone for it on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line with his teams bowl chances hanging in the balance. That's the play that turns the Huskies program around.

Wisconsin is the 3rd best team in the country. To be honest with you I don't think Oregon or Auburn wants any part of that Badger offense.

The NFL:

The Saints no longer need Reggie Bush and Neither do I. That goofball cost my team a victory last week (he pulled out of the game at the last minute) and almost cost my team a victory this week (he only scored 1 point) They use Julius Jones and Chris Ivory more than him . That being said he'd look good in a Seahawks uniform next year.

Josh McDaniels will be fired at the end of the season. The Denver Broncos are self destructing once again and a coach can only survive one of those kind of seasons. It doesn't help that the organization traded away a pro bowl quarterback and a pro bowl receiver to appease him.

Tennis:

Roger Federer can hang with Rafael Nadal so long as they're playing the best 2 out of 3. Grand Slams are a different story.

The NHL:

If Alexander Ovechkin isn't careful he'll find himself no longer the poster child of the league. Steven Stamkos is playing so well the "Great One" is singing his praises.

The NBA:

I'll address this topic more in depth tomorrow, but did anyone get drafted after John Wall this year? If so, those other guys are MIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment