Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Observations

The first weekend of the NFL season got under way and I must admit my fantasy football teams got off to a shaky start.  In my trash talking league I had Peyton manning score 51 points for me and I still lost.  How is this possible you ask?  Mike Wallace, David Wilson, CJ Spiller, and the Bengals defense combined for a whopping 3 points and I left Jordan Cameron on the bench.  He scored 16 points by himself.  Guess I'll be quiet this week.  In my hurt your feelings league I'm up by 19 points, but my opponent has Pierre Garcon, Antonio Gates, and the Texans defense going tonight.  Guess I'll have to be nice this week.  In my work league I'm up by 65 points and I still have Shady McCoy left to play.  That league doesn't really count though.  It's really just a league I joined to boost my ego and feel better about myself.  If I don't win the chip in that league I might retire from fantasy football forever.  It's a long season, but right now I'm a little concerned about the outcome.  Oh well, at least the Hawks won.  Next up are the hated San Francisco 49ers.  Should be a fun week making my Frisco friends feel like dirt.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

I don't say this very often, but congratulations to the Washington St. Cougars.  After pulling off the upset against the USC Trojans the Cougs are 1-1 and Lane Kiffin is sending out his resume to various NAIA schools.  Good luck Lane.  Just kidding.  I don't really wish you good luck.

Geno Smith sent me a text message that read, "Kick rocks Bitch!!  I told you to stop talking sh*t about me!  You picked up Tampa's defense cause you thought I was a scrub?  How you like me now?  APOLOGIZE!!"  I haven't returned the text yet, but when I do I'll reply, "Good win.  Is Lavonte David on the Jets payroll cause I don't think you guys win that game without him."

Serena Williams won her 5th US Open and 17th grand slam title with an impressive victory over Victoria Azarenka 7-5, 6-7, 6-1.  It appears the reports of her demise were greatly exaggerated.

The Pittsburgh Pirates are 11-17 since August 8th.  During that time the Pirates have fallen out of first place and are playing for a wildcard spot.  Good thing MLB added that extra playoff team or the Pirates would still have the curse of Barry Bonds hanging over their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment