Our beloved Seattle Seahawks beat the snot piss out of the San Francisco 49ers 29-3 last night and I for one am not the least bit surprised. Most of you can probably recite my blog post from Friday verbatim, but for those of you not familiar with my prophetic words lets go over the keys to victory once again.
1. Colin Kaepernick is overrated. CHECK. 3 picks and 127 yards passing is not impressive.
2. Anquan Boldin is not Jerry Rice. CHECK. Boldin only caught one pass the entire game.
3. Marshawn Lynch will be in Beastmode. CHECK. Marshawn scored 3 touchdowns on the night.
4. The 12th Man. CHECK. The 12th man broke the Guinness book of world records for the loudest outdoor crowd.
5. Jermaine Kearse has 20/20 vision........ To be continued.
4 out of 5 isn't bad right? The defense played lights out and they're only going to get better. The return of Cliff Avril was a pleasant surprise that paid dividends with a sack and strip of Colin Kaepernick. As he gets more comfortable in the schemes and back into playing shape I predict we'll see even more big plays. Also, lets not forget Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin are coming back soon as well. The defense has only given up one touchdown this season and their opponents average 5 points a game. I shudder to think what will happen to Jacksonville next week.
I could go on and on about the Seahawks masterful performance. What can't they do? If everyone stays healthy the Seahawks could potentially end the season 16-0. It's not out of the question after watching the Hawks dismantle the Super Bowl favorites in every facet of the game. If this is the best competition the league has to offer you might as well put in your time off request at work right now and shop Expedia for the lowest prices to New York in February. Until next time let's all keep a SeahawkCentric state of mind shall we?