Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Observations

It's only the 3rd week of the football season, but I'm starting to see a trend. My weekly fantasy football opponents always seem to have a player that goes ape sh*t against me for no apparent reason. Last week Victor Cruz, Brent Celek, and Dwayne Bowe had the game of their lives and this week Jamaal Charles, A.J. Green, and Torrey Smith looked like hall of famers. In the case of Smith I'm ok with it given the tragic loss of his brother Saturday night (what an inspirational performance by him and A.J. Green is quickly becoming a top 5 receiver, but Charles? I'm pretty sure he won't rush for 233 yards next week. Why flex so hard when I'm playing you?

 In my trash talking league I'm down by 12, but I have Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch going tonight so things could change for me real quickly. In my hurt your feelings league I got my feelings hurt for the 2nd week in a row. I need a slump buster to come through on the schedule pretty quickly. In my family league I'm down by 31, but again I have Beast Mode going and Earl Thomas on D. The best case scenario for tonight? The Seahawks win and Marshawn rushed for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. That should make everybody happy! Here are some observations over the weekend.

 Jon "Bones" Jones has no equals in the octagon. After his victory over Vitor Belfort on Saturday I can't see anyone beating him. Not even Chael Sonnen. The Arizona Cardinals have been in their "Total Recall" dream for 3 weeks now and sit atop the NFC West. They will have to wake up sooner or later and when they do let's hope the Seahawks are there to remind them of who they really are. I can't believe I'm really saying this, but Oregon St. is no joke. After watching them beat UCLA I'm somewhat concerned about how dominant their defense looked. The Beavers could be playing in a bowl game this year. SHANKAPOTIMUS is real! There was another sighting in Miami as the Dolphins kicker Dan Carpenter missed two crucial field goals in the overtime loss to the New York Jets. No Boricua or Cubano mujers for you my friend. Kickers will ruin your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment