Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Paying The Price For The Upcoming Football Season


I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I got a chance to watch one of my good friends get married (Congrats to Pablo and Angelica) and enjoy a 43rd consecutive day of no rain in the 206. South Alaska has been unbelievably dry so you have to take advantage while it lasts. In addition I put in a considerable amount of community service hours getting ready for the upcoming football season. I watched the Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta reunion (Lil Scrappy got engaged), T.I and Tiny: The Family Hustle (T.I. wants his kids to get more exercise), 4 episodes of Rizzoli and Isles (Rizzoli has relationship issues), and a few minutes of Flashdance. Although this may seem like a torturous way to spend a weekend it's a small price to pay. Considering I will spend the next 21 weeks dominating the television and stumbling home speaking gibberish after most Seahawks games it's the least I could do. That being said I did manage to stay current with the sports world so here are some observations over the weekend.

Maurice Jones-Drew ended his holdout with no resolution to his current situation. Fantasy owners are happy, but it's unlikely Jones-Drew will go through an entire season without getting hurt.

If any of you out there know Floyd Mayweather Jr. please have him call me before his next wager. Losing $3,000,000 betting on Denard Robinson and the Michigan Wolverines is not a smart move. Denard Robinson can't throw and the Wolverines were without their starting tailback. Young Sam would have never let him make that mistake.

We had our first sighting of SHANKAPOTIMUS this season. UTEP kickers missed 3 field goals and let #6 Oklahoma off the hook. That's why the big schools schedule weak minded cream puffs at the beginning.

Andy Roddick made it through the weekend, but today he faces Martin Del Potro. If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd say it will be his final match. No fairy tale endings.

Apparently water polo is DOMINATED by the state of California. The top 4 teams are all from the Pac 12 and the other 6 teams in the top 10 hail from the golden state. I picked up this tidbit of information watching the Washington Huskies struggle against San Diego St. I hope the LSU game doesn't get out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment