Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Observations


As you might recall last week's Monday blog was all about doom and despair in the 206. The Huskies and the Seahawks both looked shaky and the outlook on the season was not optimistic. What a difference a week makes! The Huskies took out their frustrations on Portland St. like Joker took out his frustrations on Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket. I feel better. The Seahawks played a flawless game and sent the Cowboys back to Irving licking their wounds. The Cardinals beat the 2011 AFC champions at their place so the last second loss in Arizona no longer seems that bad. A strong defense and a relentless running game can carry you a long way.

As for fantasy football? in my trash talking league I'm a perfect 2-0 with Reggie Wayne and the Breesy leading the way. in my hurt your feelings league I'm down by 40, but I have Eric Decker, Demariyus Thomas, and Julio Jones going tonight. A difficult task, but not impossible. In my family league the tight end match up killed me. Aaron Hernandez did nothing and Brent Celek had the game of his career. I still have Decker going tonight in that league, but I'm down by 27 points. I need a miracle to pull that victory out. Here are some observations over the weekend.

The Kansas City Chiefs, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, and the New Orleans Saints will not make the playoffs this year. An 0-2 start to the season is a virtual death sentence in the NFL. The other teams are in rebuilding mode, but in the case of the Saints too much drama in the off season has caught up with them. We now fully understand the importance of coaching and leadership.

The USC Trojans lost to Stanford and will not play for the national championship. You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cart wheels and back flips in celebration.

Shankapotimus was alive and well in New England. Stephen Gostkowski missed a game winning field goal from 42 yards out and now the Patriots are in a 4 way tie in their division. Kickers will ruin your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment