Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Observations


It was not a good weekend for football fans in the 206. My beloved Huskies got trounced in Death Valley by LSU and the Seahawks let a must win game(If they want to make the playoffs) slip through their fingers. The Huskies O line looked like Swiss cheese and the Seahawks receivers looked like they had goose grease on their fingers. It's safe to say my optimism for these two squads has been taken down a few notches.

As for my fantasy teams? I went 2-1 in my leagues, but the wins were impressive. in my hurt your feelings league I dismantled the defending champion by 40 points WITHOUT STARTING CJ SPILLER! It was a statement game and I beat the snot piss out of that fool. Julio Jones, Demariyus Thomas, and the Breesy are a nice nucleus for the future.

In my trash talking league I'm beating a perennial playoff team by 16 points and Antonio Gates hasn't even played yet. The commish actually lobbied for more trash talking if you can believe that. You don't have to ask me twice. That's like giving chocolate to the fat. In my family league Wes Welker stunk up the joint and my defense was sub par. We'll have to tweak that team a little. No need to panic just yet. A few minor adjustments and we'll be back on track. Here are some observations over the weekend.

Last year I blogged that Serena Williams would never win another grand slam title. In the past 3 months she's won Wimbledon, a gold medal, and the US Open. Although my logic was sound (Too old, too many injuries) I underestimated the heart of a champion. Hopefully she doesn't send her friends from Compton to tune me up for my malicious words previously. She's top 5 all time.

We had another Shankapotimus sighting Penn St. kicker Sam Ficken went 1 for 5 on field goal attempts and 1 for 2 on extra points. The Nittany Lions lost by one point. Kickers will ruin your life.

Felix Hernandez will not win the Cy Young this year. After cruising through August Felix has struggled in his last two starts and it looks like fatigue is setting in. The engraver should start carving the name David Price on the 2012 award.

If you had Savannah St +70 1/2 and UL Monroe +30 on the moneyline for a parlay you're a rich man(or woman). I think it's time for Young Sam Rothstein to come out of hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment