Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Seattle Is Playing With My Emotions

This is a tale of optimism and anger. Yesterday afternoon I read an article that outlined a plan to bring an NBA and NHL franchise to Seattle. Apparently hedge fund manager Christopher Hansen has been working with the city's mayor to build a new arena and obtain an NBA team as early as next fall. There has been speculation that if the Sacramento Kings don't have funding in place by March 1st for a new arena the team could be relocated. There has also been speculation the NHL would jump at the chance to move the Phoenix Coyotes to Seattle if there were proper facilities. This had me in a good mood.

When I got home I flipped through the channels and stopped on the OKC/Golden State game. Unfortunately for me I watched a game where Kevin Durant looked like the best player on the planet going for 33 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists while Russell Westbrook chipped in with 31 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. Then it dawned on me, I'm not over Sonic gate!

What kind of consolation prize is DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans when you should have the second coming of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen? Did the 206 really draft George Gervin Jr. then let him leave Seattle for some cow town over politics and a lack of vision? I'm starting a collection fund for Sonic fans that want to hire Jon Bones Jones to beat the snot piss out of Clay Bennett for two minutes. Who's with me?

I have a good friend that always reminds me that the players had no say in the Sonics moving so you really can't fault them. His point is valid, but it doesn't stop the pain. If the Thunder weren't so good it would be easier to deal with, but they will probably play for the championship this year. What could have been. Oh well. Some hoop is better than no hoop right? Bring on Francisco Garcia!

No comments:

Post a Comment