Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Kardashian Effect Part II

You never know what can happen when you leave the remote control unattended. One minute you're toggling back and forth between Scarface and SportsCenter highlights and the next you're watching a 6'10 grown ass man collapse a sex swing that was poorly assembled over his bed. This actually happened on an episode of the reality series Khloe and Lamar. I must admit the scene was pretty funny, but highly disturbing on so many levels. Once again the Kardashians are showing their influence.


Not so long ago Lamar Odom was a 2 time NBA champion living the life in sunny Southern California. Now he's just Lammy, Khloe Kardashian's sex slave. I guess I can't blame the guy for capitalizing on his new found audience. He only has a few years left in his career and as we all know hoopers have a habit of going broke shortly after their playing days are over. He's a smart businessman, but I feel like I know entirely too much about his personal life. I'd prefer less swing and more swish if you know what I'm saying.

Not long ago Kris Humphries was a relative nobody trying to earn a roster spot with the New Jersey Nets. After his divorce from Kim Kardashian he's become America's most hated athlete. To his credit Kris has channeled that negative energy into positive results on the court. If you catch him at the wrong time he might hit you up for 24 and 18. He's developed quite a nasty disposition and relishes is role as a villain.

The moral of the story is the Kardashian sisters are a factor in the sports world regardless of what I think about it. I don't know how they're doing it (actually I do but this is a PG-13 blog), but it appears they are here to stay. Athletics and entertainment are almost synonymous these days so don't be surprised if your favorite athlete is the next Kardashian victim. The spotlight and attention can be addictive. I can hear the Reggie bush fan club cringing as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment