Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year to all my family, friends , and followers. Hopefully there was enough Aleve and Alka Seltzer to go around for all the partying that went on New Years Eve and all the pizza eating and beer drinking during the bowl games (not that I would know anything about that). The new year is a time for resolutions and I have a few of my own:

1. Give MLB players the benefit of the doubt even if they put up hall of fame numbers out of nowhere (Ryan Braun, Jose Bautista).

2. Forgive the NHL for having racist, banana throwing fans.

3. Watch the amazing Kevin Durant without wanting to choke the life out of Clay Bennett.

All theses tasks are easier said than done, but I'll give it my best effort. Here are some observations over the weekend.

The bowl committees must have told all the teams to leave their defenses at home. Can't say as I blame them, it makes the games more exciting.

Georgia and Stanford fans have both contacted me asking where they can get their KICKERS WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE t-shirts. I can barely keep up with the demand.

New York is not the town if your name is Ryan. After Rex had to eat his words following last Saturday's loss to the Giants brother Rob came up short on Sunday with the Cowboys defense. I'm sure that New York humble pie has a bit of an after taste to it.

The NFL is doing a ton of spring cleaning and it's only January. Tampa Bay and St. Louis both let their coaches go while Indy, Chicago and St. Louis dismissed their front offices (The Indy dismissal only adds to my Drew Brees theory). The NFL stands for not for long if you don't get the job done.

The Dallas Mavericks had too much time off celebrating their championship and it shows in their play on the court. We definitely won't see them repeat as Western conference champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment