Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Observations

The fantasy football jinx is in! In my JV league my uncle called me at 5:15 to congratulate me on my win. 3 hours later Andre Carter ended up with 18 points as the Patriots manhandled the Jets. If Jordy Nelson scores 4 points tonight I'll still walk away with the victory, but if he doesn't I'll be sure to return the favor. Jinxing is not cool. In my hurt your feelings league I trail my opponent by 36 points and I have A-Rod going against the Vikings. It's unrealistic to expect Aaron Rodgers to throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns every game, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. See how that reverse psychology stuff works! Here are some observations over the weekend.

College Football:

So long as they don't play an SEC opponent Oregon is the best team in the country. After beating Stanford on Saturday they have a legitimate claim to play for a national championship. My guess is all of the top 5 teams will have at least one loss and the BCS will have its hands full trying to figure out who should play in the title game. Stay tuned.

Boise St. is the modern day Florida St. For the 2nd year in a row the Broncos fall out of national championship contention after missing a game winning field goal. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for the players.

The NFL:

Tim Tebow went 2 for 8 throwing for 68 yards and a touchdown in a 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Umm...... good win Broncos???

Maybe David Akers wasn't so dumb after all for switching teams. The San Francisco 49ers are 8-1 while the Philadelphia Eagles are 3-6. I'm pretty sure none of you called that one.

Fighting:

Manny Pacquiao looked more than a little vulnerable in his controversial decision over Juan Manuel Marquez. Floyd Mayweather Jr. won every round convincingly in his fight against Marquez and cruised to an easy victory. By using the common opponent method Floyd beats Manny in a rout.

The UFC's big fight on FOX turned out to be a dud and now the organization has lost a little momentum. The solution? Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment