It's time for another installment of HTB statements. For those of you not familiar with what HTB means HTB refers to statements that are hard to believe. Here's a few for your reading pleasure.
1. The Pittsburgh Pirates and the Cleveland Indians are in first place on July 19th.
2. The Seattle Mariners have scored 11 runs in their last 9 games.
3. 7 of the 10 WNBA all star starters went to college at Connecticut or Tennessee (including all of the Western conference starters).
4. David Stern has taken down the pictures of all current NBA players on the NBA.com website.
5. The US women's World Cup soccer team had never missed 2 penalty kicks in a World Cup game until Sunday.
6. Nate Robinson bench presses more than twice his body weight.
7. The New York Yankees will pay more for their infield this year (79 million) than half the teams in baseball will pay for their entire roster.
8. Charles Woodson is the only Heisman trophy winner in the last 15 years to win a Super Bowl (Reggie Bush recently vacated his award).
9. The last 2 major golf championships have been won by players from Ireland.
10. From 1980 to 1989 the Los Angeles Lakers played for the championship 8 times (5-3).