With the NFL lockout going on its 2,417th day I've resorted to watching Canadian football. I must say it's an adequate substitute. The players perform at a fairly high level and the CFL even has players I remember from their college days. It takes a little time to adjust to 3 downs and 20 yard end zones, but overall the CFL is a pretty good product. If any of you are interested in what the league has to offer I'll answer 10 important questions for you about the CFL. Here it goes.
1. Which league has the best cheerleaders? Hands down the NFL. If the Miami Dolphins or Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders showed up for a Winnipeg game the fans would swear it was a Miss Universe pageant.
2. Do CFL players have groupies? Anywhere there's athletes making good money and appearing on television you will find groupies. The CFL is no different.
3. Can you name 5 CFL teams? BC Lions, Edmonton Eskimos, and the Toronto Argonauts. After that I draw a blank.
4. Could the Grey Cup champion beat the Super Bowl champion? Absolutely not. The Packers would crush any CFL team by at least 30 points no matter which style of football the teams played.
5. Could the Grey Cup champion beat the NCAA national champion? Of course. Just because it's the CFL doesn't mean they're not pros.
6. How would Peyton Manning do in the CFL? 67 touchdowns, 5 ints, 7,916 yards passing.
7. Could the CFL MVP play in the NFL? Warren Moon and Doug Flutie both has great NFL careers so it's entirely possible.
8. If there was a CFL game and an NFL game were on at the same time which one would you watch? The NFL game. Even if it was the Grey Cup I would still probably watch the NFL game.
9. Should the leagues consider an annual game? Absolutely. I'd love to see a team from the NFL and the CFL play each other with the rules alternating every year.
10. Would you watch an episode of CFL wives? HELL NO!