Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Observations

It was a good weekend in 2 of my 3 fantasy football leagues. Tony Romo and Malcolm Floyd came through in my trash talking league and I'm 27 points ahead going into the Monday night game. My opponent has Aaron Rodgers at quarterback so I'm a little concerned, but I have Jermichael Finley and Robbie Gould so I think I can hold on. Once again Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson anchored my auction league. You get what you pay for and for my money Peyton and AP are the best 1-2 combination in fantasy football right now. My last league McNabb and Jamal Charles completely let me down. I'll have a word with them later this afternoon. Here are some observations from the weekend.

The NFL:

Someone could win the NFC West with a losing record. The preseason favorite San Francisco 49ers are a miserable 0-3 while the Seahawks and Cardinals sit atop the division at 2-1. The schedule only gets tougher for both teams so don't be surprised to see a 7-9 record make the playoffs.

New England Midwest is working out very nicely in Kansas City. Since hiring former Patriot coordinators Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel the Chiefs are 3-0 and will look to take advantage of a weak AFC West division. The playoffs may be in their future this year.

Garrett Hartley and Sebastian Janikowski are the epitome of why fans don't like kickers. They both missed game winning field goals shorter than an extra point yesterday. If New Orleans or Oakland misses the playoffs by one game send Tony Soprano's people to pay them a visit.

Carson Palmer may be done in Cincinnati. There is no excuse for his poor performance to start the season. The Bengals have arguably the best receiving corp in the NFL yet the have only scored 1 passing touchdown in the last 2 games. It's time to panic.

College Football:

The Pac 10 continues to roll and has established itself as a solid #2 conference behind the SEC. UCLA's dismantling of Texas at Texas served as a warning to the rest of the teams with BCS aspirations. Even Oregon St. hung in there on the blue turf of Boise St.

Mark Ingram and Tony Richardson at Alabama remind me of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams at Auburn a few years back. Both of them will start in the NFL very soon. If I had to choose which one will have the better pro career I'm leaning towards Richardson. He's more elusive and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Cam Newton will decide who wins the SEC Championship this year. I don't think Auburn will win the title, but I think they will play spoiler to Alabama and/or LSU. Cam's size, speed, and strong arm will be difficult for those teams to stop. I'm positive Auburn will beat LSU, not so sure about Alabama. Their running game may be too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment