Friday, September 3, 2010

Cleavie The Greek's College Football Picks

The college football season is upon us and right out of the gate some teams have fallen flat on their faces (Pittsburgh). As we get prepared for the weekend there are 3 games I want you to pay close attention to.

1. LSU vs. North Carolina. Before the massive suspensions imposed by Butch Davis this looked like a very evenly matched game. North Carolina has 6 players projected to go in the top 50 in next years draft while LSU is looking for redemption after an embarrassing season last year. North Carolina is facing too many distractions to go down to Death Valley and expect to come out with a win. LSU has too much to prove and can't afford any losses going into a tough SEC schedule.

My Prediction: LSU

2. Boise St. vs. Virginia Tech. I'm not a big Hokies fan, but I'm really not a big Boise St. fan. Boise St. is America's Cinderella team because people like to root for the underdog and the overachievers. They have had success in the past against BCS caliber teams (most notably Oregon and Oklahoma) but those victories were either on a neutral site or that ridiculous blue turf they play on at home. This game is on the road on the other side of the country. Virginia Tech will slow down that high powered offense and send them spiraling out of the top 10.

My Prediction: Virginia Tech

3. BYU vs. Washington. The hardest game of the weekend for me by far. I am torn between my head and my heart. My heart tells me Heisman hopeful Jake Locker won't let the Husky alumni down with a loss in Provo. The Dawgs have great receivers and return a 1,000 yard rusher. My head tells me the Huskies are still young, this game is on the road, and the defense isn't where it needs to be right now to win big games. If the Huskies want to go to a bowl game this year this is a must win game. The schedule only gets more difficult. Call me a romantic, but I'm going with my heart.

My Prediction: UW

No comments:

Post a Comment