Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Observations

It appears that my trash talking antics struck a nerve with the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday.  Some anonymous Spurs fan sent the team a copy of my blog and they didn't take to kindly to my opinion of them.  Danny Green pulled out the New Jack City soundtrack and listened to Christopher Williams (I'm Dreamin) before the shoot around, Manu Ginobili put on the lucky socks he wore in the 2004 Gold Medal game, and Tony Parker had a late night sexting session with Erin Barry to get motivated.  The results speak for themselves as the Spurs came out with guns blazing to take a 3-2 lead in the series.  They have the heart of a champion, but they will have to win a game in the 305 to hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy.  The Heat thrive in dramatic situations so I don't see it happening.  As you might expect my position hasn't changed and I still can't seem to find the panic button like everyone else.  When it's all said and done the Heat will be crowned back to back champs.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Tiger Woods hasn't won a major in 5 years and Phil Michelson still has that acid reflux problem when it comes to winning the US Open.  I don't think the other golfers fear these guys nearly as much as they used to.  The intimidation factor is all but gone.

Tim Lincecum needs to grow his hair back.  He's not been the same pitcher since he started sporting the clean cut look.  There's no velocity on his pitches and hitters are starting to light him up like a Christmas tree.  He's a UW guy so I won't turn on him just yet, but he needs to pick it up before people start talking about him the way they talk about Barry Zito.

Doc Rivers is a good coach, but not a great coach.  All this talk of trading marquee players for his services is ludicrous.  Doc doesn't shoot jumpers, set picks, or possess a low post move.  In this day and age coaches are hired to manage personalities more than they are hired for their basketball expertise.  You don't give away players for that.

Believe it or not I'm starting to think about my fantasy football strategy already.  This usually happens after OTA's.  I can't decide if I'm being proactive or pathetic in my obsession with the impending draft.  TWO MONTHS FROM NOW!  







No comments:

Post a Comment