Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Observations

In my wildest dreams I never imagined the Eastern conference finals would go 7 games.  I don't know if I should be impressed with the Indiana Pacers or embarrassed for the Miami Heat.  If nothing else the Pacers have completely dismissed the notion that Miami has an aura of invincibility and the eventual 2013 NBA champion is still to be determined.  With regards to the Miami Heat there are several people ready to hit the panic button, but I'm not one of those guys.  I am still under the assumption a game 7 is too difficult for a lesser team to win on the road.  I am still under the impression the Miami Heat shooters (Ray Allen in particular) will catch fire when it really matters.  I am still under the impression LeBron James is the best player on the planet and will display his takeover ability when the situation calls for it.  That being said Miami will win game 7 and everyone will say what a great and challenging series it was.  Bring on the Spurs.  Here are some observations over the weekend.

Jason Kidd and Grant Hill announced their retirement.  Both of them had a lasting impact on the game and pop culture.  I believe both players are hall of fame worthy.  More on this tomorrow.

DeSean Jackson has fired his agent and is considering hiring Jay-Z.  For someone that's never negotiated a professional contract for an athlete his potential client list (Robinson Cano, Victor Cruz) is starting to get out of hand.  Nice move Hov.

Jason Bonderman returned to the mound for the first time since 2010.  That is a great accomplishment, but the results were less than desired.  I'm not sure he will get the opportunity to continue his pro career, but I respect the fact he stuck with it as long as he could.

Tiger Woods and Nike are negotiating a new contract.  Do you think Tiger will give them a hometown discount for sticking with him when all of his other partners went running for the hills?



No comments:

Post a Comment